FORENSIC ACCOUNTING AND LITIGATION SUPPORT
Forensic accounting services generally involve the application of specialized knowledge and investigative skills possessed by CPAs to collect, analyze, and evaluate evidential matter and to interpret and communicate findings in courtrooms, boardrooms, or other legal or administrative venues. More simply, in the context of litigation, the term forensic means to be suitable for use in a court of law. We have served as Forensic Accountants or Expert Witnesses on numerous cases.
Recent examples of forensic accounting and litigation support services include:
- Analysis of assets held in a family owned business and projection of future earnings in a divorce case.
- Calculation and documentation of over $2 million in fraudulent transfers committed by an office manager and bookkeeper in a multi-office medical practice.
- Documentation of accounting firm malpractice in audits of a financial services company resulting in shareholder losses of over $20 million.
- Forensic analysis of employee expense reports and County credit card use for the Dekalb County District Attorney’s office.
- Calculation and documentation of over $5 million in fraudulent transactions and transfers by a 50 percent owner of a convenience store business without the knowledge or consent of the other owner. Forensic review of fraudulent income tax returns and accounting records.
- Documentation of over $1.2 million in fraudulent transfers by a company bookkeeper through the use of unauthorized credit cards and personal credit card payments.
Members of Fricke and Associate, PC are holders of the Certified Financial Forensics (CFF) credential which positions our CPAs to perform services in this specialized area of accounting.